Are you wondering how to take CBD oil? Worry no more because there are many ways to consume the product. Whether you want to take CBD in food or use it directly, your choice will depend on what you want to achieve. So, what are your objectives?
CBD oil is a naturally derived product considered safe and affordable. Many people use the product for many reasons due to its numerous health benefits. For example, some individuals use it to relieve stress, pain, and anxiety, while others treat anxiety in kids.
This guide will show you the different ways on how to consume CBD oil. You’ll also get to learn the advantages and disadvantages of various consumption methods. But before we get started, let’s look at what CBD oil is and why you might need it.
What is Cannabidiol (CBD) Oil, and Why You Might Need It
The active ingredient in CBD oil is Cannabidiol (CBD), one of the over 85 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant or hemp plant. For many years, people have used CBD due to its medicinal properties. However, studies are still underway to verify its efficacy.
Are you worried that you might get high when you consume CBD oil? CBD is different from tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a common cannabinoid that can alter your mind and result in a psychoactive reaction. In other words, taking CBD won’t make you high.
So, why do you need to take CBD oil? The product will make you feel relaxed, helping you relieve stress. Besides, you’ll enjoy several health benefits, including pain relief. It also helps to treat anxiety and autism when you consume it in whatever form you want.
Now, let’s dive into the different ways to consume CBD oil.
How to Use CBD Oil
When it comes to the methods of CBD oil consumption, there are four options to select. You can inhale the CBD oil by vaping or smoking it, apply it on your skin topically, or take it sublingually (under the tongue). Also, you can ingest it through edibles.
Let’s break down each of the CBD consumption methods.
Inhaling CBD Oil through Smoking
Smoking CBD oil is one of the quickest ways to feel the effects of CBD as it goes into the lungs and bloodstream directly. To smoke CBD oil, you need to use the “oil rig,” which looks like a water pipe. It has a chamber where you place CBD oil concentrate.
You’ll use a dabber to transfer the oil concentrate from its bottle to the oil rig. When you heat the chamber with CBD oil concentrate (also known as the ‘nail’), it produces smoke that you can inhale. The CBD will get absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs.
Advantages of Smoking CBD Oil
- You can easily manage the amount to consume
- It’s the fastest way to consume CBD oil
Disadvantages of Smoking CBD Oil
- High concentrations can exceed what some individuals want
- Smoking can be harsh to the throat and lungs
- Requires additional equipment, including a dabber and an oil rig
Inhaling CBD Oil through Vaping
Another fastest way to consume CBD oil is through vaping. It’s a smokeless alternative to CBD smoking, especially if you want to escape the harsh effects of smoke on your throat and lungs. If you have lung or heart problems, vaping will be ideal for you.
With vaping, you can also enjoy the taste of flavoured CBD oil. Manufacturers can add your desired flavour and make it easier for you to consume. However, you’ll need a vape pen or other vaporizer devices to inhale vaporized CBD directly into your lungs.
Advantages of Vaping CBD Oil
- It doesn’t produce smoke, making it safe for your throat and lungs
- One of the fastest and most efficient ways to consume CBD
- Easy control of dosage amounts
Disadvantages of Vaping CBD Oil
- Requires extra tools, such as the CBD vape pen
- CBD’s concentration may be higher than what you want to feel
Sublingual Application of CBD Oil
If you need fast relief from CBD, consider taking the CBD oil orally through a sublingual application. You can buy CBD oil as tinctures – small bottles that resemble eye drops. Next, apply the product by placing it under the tongue for quick absorption.
Add a few drops of CBD oil under your tongue using the tincture’s dropper, hold it for around 30 seconds, and then swallow it. The sublingual glands under the tongue will absorb CBD directly into the bloodstream without passing through the liver.
Advantages of Taking CBD Oil Sublingually
- Requires no additional tools or accessories
- Easy to control the amount of CBD oil to consume
- You can use the tinctures publicly without drawing attention
- Provides a higher bioavailability rate ranging from 12-35 percent
Disadvantages of Taking CBD Oil Sublingually
- Some CBD tinctures may contain alcohol
- Effects may vary from person to person
Topical Application of CBD Oil
Topical application of CBD oil involves placing the CBD oil on your skin as a lotion, balm, or ointment. It’s the easiest way to use CBD oil because it doesn’t require special tools or knowledge. Also, the method is ideal for migraines and sore muscles.
Advantages of Using CBD Oil Topically
- Application of CBD oil is easy
- No extra accessories or tools required
- Ideal for chronic pain and sore muscles
Disadvantages of Using CBD Oil Topically
- Produces the mildest effects compared to other methods
- The results of CBD oil are short-lived
Ingestion of CBD Oil
Ingesting CBD doesn’t produce any psychoactive effect. You can also consume CBD oil by adding it into your food or eating CBD edibles, like CBD gummies or lollipops. Besides buying pre-made CBD-infused foods, you can also prepare your CBD edibles.
Advantages of CBD Edibles
- Produces long-lasting effects
- Available in several options, including gummies
- Consumption is very discreet as you’ll eat it like any other food
Disadvantages of CBD Edibles
- It takes longer for you to feel the effects
- Getting the correct dosage can be very challenging
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Canada
Now that you know how to take CBD oil, you don’t need to worry about anything. Instead, select an option that will help you achieve the desired effects. Most importantly, consider buying CBD products from a reputable CBD manufacturer like Zen Bliss. We offer high-quality CBD oil made from 100% organic hemp.
Contact us now to get more information about our CBD products.